School venueLectures and lab sessions will be held at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (FSEGA) of Babes-Bolyai University (UBB), in Cluj-Napoca.
Address: Strada Teodor Mihali 58-60, Cluj-Napoca 400591.
Nearest airport: Avram Iancu International Airport Cluj (code CLJ), 10 minutes drive from the venue.
- Accommodation in university dorms (3 minutes walk from the school venue), check-in 15/07/18, after 4pm, and check-out 22/07/18, before 12pm. These offer 2-bed rooms with private bathroom, 24h guardian service.
- shared room (2 persons) - 67.5EUR/person/week. Since our partner Babes-Bolyai University is part of Universitaria Consortium*, this option is free for students affiliated to any member of the Universitaria Consortium.
- single occupancy (limited availability) - 135EUR/person/week.
- Recommended hotels:
- Hilton City Plaza, 5*, city centre, 197EUR/night
- Hotel Platinia, 5*, 13 minutes walk from city centre, 169EUR/night
- Hotel Topaz, 3*, 18 minutes walk from school venue, 65EUR/night
- Hotel Transilvania, 3*, city centre, 48EUR/night
- Hotel Delaf, 3*, 8 minutes walk from school venue, 30EUR/night (rooms available only for a 7 nights stay, check-in 15/07/18 and check-out 22/07/18)
- Hotel Gala, 3*, 12 minutes drive from school venue, 40EUR/night
Cluj-Napoca (commonly known as Cluj) is situated in the heart of Transylvania, Romania.
Romania is an Eastern European country, belonging to the European Union. The official language is Romanian (Latin origin), but you have good chances of finding English speakers in public places like restaurants/bars. In many Transylvanian cities (Cluj included), people also speak Hungarian. The currency is the Romanian LEU (RON). It is not generally possible to make payments in any other currency.
Explore Cluj-Napoca and the surroundings
If you want to know where is the best coffee in Cluj, or the places where locals hang out, or where you could go for a hike before/after the school, check out this map created by Anna Kiss (TMLSS2018 volunteer):